Sunday, March 14, 2010

Who Am I?

Our lives are complex. Every one of us is defined by our many hobbies, interests, personality quirks, desires, and values. However, there is a single universal definition that supersedes all these things. We are all Children of God. It is a simple statement that carries with it profound significance. With the realization of this single definition, many of the conflicts within the world, and within ourselves would simply disappear. Conflicts in the Middle East and throughout the world would cease, and we would discover that perhaps we're not too bad ourselves. Too often we berate and degrade ourselves over small insignificant details. Yes, we do all have flaws, imperfections, and challenges; but, these in no way diminish the utter reality that we are Children of the Most High. That God is our literal Father. By realizing this simple fact, our lives will be changed. We will realize the Love that our Father has for us, and that he is indeed there as a Parent is there for their child. However, it is not enough for us to just hear these facts, we must come to know them for ourselves. I know I am a Son of God, a child of the Most High, I am a son of my Father on Earth and in Heaven, and I am a disciple of Christ, and I bear His name. Now it's your turn. Who Are You?

3 comments:

BihShya said...

Prince Derek:)

Andres Bosque said...

This is so true. Before high school I had a very profound experience where I gained a testimony of this. Thanks for sharing, Derek.

Emilee said...

Derek, you are incredible. Thank you for being willing to share your thoughts on this blog.