Monday, March 15, 2010

The Power of Prayer

The subject of personal prayer is one which I feel very strongly about. Prayer is one of the biggest blessings in my life. I cannot imagine what my life would be like if I couldn't talk with my Father in Heaven. Whenever I am in need of help, or when I'm going through a particularly difficult trial, I know that I can always turn to my Father in Heaven. He never fails to listen, and I have found that He truly does care for me. He speaks peace to my soul in times of need, and I have often felt His arms encircling me in Love. He is always there to give me strength when I need it, and through His strength I have been able to accomplish things I would have been incapable of doing otherwise. These blessings are in a large part due to the blessing of prayer. I sincerely believe that our Father in Heaven is constantly waiting to give us blessings; however, many times these blessings will come only when we ask for them, and in order to do this we have been given the blessing of prayer. And not only will He give us blessings and strength in our times of need, He is the best listener you'll ever meet. Sometimes you don't need anything more than to talk something out, and to express the feelings that can only be expressed through the heart. To truly pour out your soul to God is an incredible experience. There are few times when you will ever feel more loved, and closer to our Heavenly Father than when you express to Him the deepest feelings and desires of your heart. That is the power of prayer. It enables to transcend to a higher spiritual plane. It allows us to find peace when we believe that only chaos can exist. It allows us to see from the eternal perspective, and to see the purpose behind the trials of the day. Above all, it allows us the opportunity to communicate with our Father in Heaven, and through Him find acceptance, peace, hope, joy, and love. So when you feel overwhelmed, when the powers of darkness and the chaos of the world are threatening to overwhelm you, humbly kneel, and turn to God.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Prayer is an amazing blessing my friend. There are things in life that I know wouldn't have been possible without being able to talk to our Heavenly Father. So many times I read your posts and can't help but wanting to shout AMEN BROTHER!! haha keep it up dude.