Thursday, June 4, 2009

Review of the school year

School has finally ended and summer has begun. This school year was especially interesting for me due to my decision to quit the IB program. This meant not having many classes with a lot of the friends that I've had for many years, however, it did give me a lot of new opportunities to meet new friends that I would never have met before had I not decided to take AP classes rather than do the IB program. I've made some really good friendships that I hope can last through the rest of high school and beyond. It really struck me last night how many good friendships I have, and how much each of them have helped me in various ways. I just hope that I can keep in touch with everyone over the summer and hopefully strengthen those friendships, and maybe make new ones as well. So there's my little sentimental schpeel for the year, and now I'll do a quick overview of the entire year :).
The year began essentially with Cross Country in June. We started training and running more miles than I'd ever run in my life. We were able to come together as a true team as we all struggled to become the best we could be and hopefully have a shot at competing for the region and state titles. Although we didn't get either title we were able to put up a pretty good fight, and we finished fourth at state next to Alta, American Fork, and Davis (both Alta and American Fork are going to be in our region next year, 3 of the top 4 in state!) We became an even closer team when we all went to Footlocker (the race in California) that December. After that we started indoor track and such, always running and trying to improve, and the homework then began to pile on as we got ready to enter the second semester and the dreaded third quarter! Track began and we got ready to hopefully compete for another region title. Again we fell just a little short, we finished third at region by only 8 points to First, that's really close, only a few spots in a few races. Still it was a good season and we were all able to perform really well. Around the same time stress levels began to rise as AP tests came around the corner, but I made it through them, and I'm just praying I passed them all. Then of course the year began to wind down and now it's the end. Again, the year went by really fast, and next year I'll be a senior and graduating, it seems really surreal. I'm going to miss all the seniors I've gotten to know this year and good luck to them with graduation and life in general. Oh, and I did do other things besides running and school, even if that's all I wrote about, I just can't remember what those things were :)

1 comment:

Brad said...

good year man, i can't believe that we are seniors! Oh,and i know what you left off..... Lux!