Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How small we are...



NASA recently released some pictures taken of Saturn by one of their satellites that was sent out into our Solar System to explore our neighboring planets. I was looking at the pictures and it just struck me how small we really are. Each one of us is a single person, on a single planet, in a single solar system, in a single galaxy. It's amazing how very very very small we are compared to the universe and all the other innumerable planets and galaxies out there. And yet, we have a God that knows us personally, he knows our very needs and wants, and cares deeply about us, when in reality, we're a very very very very small part of his creations. But he cares, he cares about how well we do in school, how well we do on things that matter to us, and when we're feeling down. He cares, I don't know it's just really humbling. Images from KSL courtesy of NASA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya i have a comment derek.... how bout GET BETTER

Derek said...

ha ha sounds good to me!

Paige Helen said...

Well I finally decided to comment :)
I just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed this post, and that it really helped me out on a particularly stressful day!
Thanks Derek!

Derek said...

ha ha well I'm glad it could help!