Sunday, April 5, 2009

FBLA

I recently joined FBLA and was able to go to my first competition... State! And yes State was my first competition :). It was a cool experience, and I'll definitely be a more active participant next year, and hopefully be able to represent Hillcrest and place in some of my events. It was a really fun time and I was able to hang out with my friends and get to know quite a few new people. We spent time taking tests, competing in events, bowling, pillow fighting, watching movies, just talking and having fun,and playing some alarm clock pranks :). It was really fun, but next time I think I'm going to choose some different tests, I don't think Cyber Security is really my forte :). However, everyone else did really amazing, and we had six people qualify for nationals, and many more place in the top ten! It was cool to see so many Hillcrest people representing our school. Congrats to them, and good luck at the National Competition!

(Unfortunately I forgot to bring a camera otherwise I'd have some pics to post as well.)

2 comments:

Paige Helen said...

Thanks Derek!
It was really fun to have you there, and next year you'll be comin to nationals for sure!

Brad said...

good times buddy!