Sunday, August 31, 2008

School and then some

Well, as we all know school has started. It should be a very interesting year, and in some ways I'm very excited, there are lots of new things happening that have gotten me pumped for the school year. Probably the most exciting thing that has happened to me this week, and I have a feeling will be pretty much the best part of the school year is that I get the opportunity to be a peer tutor in special needs seminary! So far it's been awesome, and has really helped me spiritually, and made this past week really fun! The kids are awesome, and I've already become fast friends with a few of them. Already they're teaching me more about myself and the gospel then I thought was possible.
Another thing that really has me pumped is, of course, cross country! This week we won our very first meet! The first meet Hillcrest has managed to win in over a decade, and it was with the defending region champs! We're really excited about our team's potential and we're really excited to see how we'll do at region!
This week has taught me a lot, and it's only the first week! For instance, keeping a good attitude has definitely been a lesson I've relearned this week, as well as just putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward. It'll be interesting to see what else the Lord has in store for me this year, because so far nothing has been what I imagined this school year would be like. I'm no longer in IB, and I have only a few classes with most of my friends, not to mention a few other things. Yes siree it's going to be a different, interesting, and definitely a good year!

2 comments:

jCroft(y) said...

You guys won a meet?! That's awesome! Good job! Way to make history, chicos.

Rach said...

Derek got 4th Place!