Monday, August 18, 2008

time, life, and the end of summer

Man this summer has just flown past, it's really kind of sad. You see I've done quite a few things, I've been to Taiwan, gone camping, worked, run, and had a bunch of fun, oh, and I found a new hobby.... knitting, unfortunately it seems like there just isn't as much time as there used to be. I remember summers when I was a little kid, it seemed like they would never end, we would always be outside running around, playing games, and just being kids. Now it seems like the summer never begins, there's so much stuff going on that you never have time for that summer feeling to just sink in. It's kind of just a constant go, go, go. I didn't get half the stuff done I wanted to this summer. I don't think I ever went swimming, I camped only about half as much as I would have liked, plus I never quite got the guts or time to go on a date, yeah I know all this is my own fault, but still it seems like summers were longer when I was smaller. I just regret not managing my time better, because now all that free time is going to be gone when school begins again. Still, not withstanding all the shortcomings, the summer was pretty good, I just wish it didn't have to end. We've only got one week left of summer, and then school. School where we'll be thrown back into the chaos of homework, pressure from sports, more social pressure, and all those great things. :) Still, hopefully it won't be too bad, and it will be really great to see everyone again, plus for some reason it seems like it's going to be a good year!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Wow Derek what a revealing post... where did you learn to knit?