Monday, September 6, 2010

For Mis Padres

So I'm off to college. When I first got here I was kind of lonely, but I knew I'd get over it soon enough, once my classes started. And I did. This past week was a good one, and in all honesty I wasn't homesick at all. Not sure why, maybe because work kept me from seeing you guys all that much during the summer. Nevertheless, when I came home last night I was struck with a little homesickness. I realized that I'd miss playing those games on Sunday nights, the family dinners, the talks after dinner, and seeing you guys every day. I'll miss the anticipation of Dad having a day off from work so we could do family activities, and I'll miss having family night every week, whether it was playing games, having a lesson, or just watching a movie. Just the little things I guess. I guess I'm not as unattached or independent as I would have liked to think, but I guess that's ok too. So I love you guys, and I'll probably be calling home every once in awhile, especially when I'm trying to figure out if food is expensive or not.

Love,
Your newest college kid

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't want to encourage you to come home all the time.:) But you can always come home when you want to. Good thing you are not really that far from home. And we gave you a car. And we always have enough food for you.:)

Anonymous said...

thats nice... talkin bout dreams