Sunday, October 11, 2009

Region

Region... Region was a race with a lot of mixed feelings for me... Here are the results, the Boy's team finished second to American Fork and beat Pleasant Grove by one point. It was a very good accomplishment, and I am very proud of my team. Our JV squad also finished second to American Fork, something that I am very proud of. However, I somehow still feel as if I'm missing something, I'm not exactly satisfied with our performance. The problem is... I don't like second place. Some would think that finishing second to arguably one of the best teams in the state would be a major accomplishment, something to be extremely happy with and proud of, and I am proud of it. But at the same time... I want to win, and I believe that we can do it. Our Captain from last year made a very good point, why do we run a race? It's because there's no guarantee who's going to win it, no matter how good everyone thinks a team is, they can still be beat, anything can happen, that's why we race. So, I leave region with mixed feelings, I feel the accomplishment of finishing second, but at the same time, there's the slightest bitter tinge from a "not quite", so I leave the race determined to work harder, and to push harder, and to look forward to the State meet with high hopes and expectations. It's gonna be good! So leave you with this quote:
“Life’s battles don't always go to the strongest or fastest man,
But sooner or later the man who wins is the fellow who thinks he can.”
-Pre

No comments: