Saturday, July 19, 2008

Flaming Gorge

Well, as a few of you may know my sister and I went to Flaming Gorge for a youth conference! It was awesome! We went rafting on the Green River all of Friday, and we managed to go down it twice! The first time was really really fun, there was ton of water fighting, and the rapids weren't so bad either :), plus we got to go hunt for geocaches along the river! Halfway down it also started to rain really hard, right about when we hit the best rapids too, that was the best part! It did get a little frightening when lightning struck the top of the canyon wall just behind us, the thunder was instant, and the storm was right on top of us! Still, that part of the river rafting was awesome! You could look out across the river and see the dimples and ripples where the raindrops struck the river, the only word to describe it is majestic! I also got dunked, and dunked others in a little raft attack that me and my leader pulled, that was way fun! We also had a short devotional, devotionals always seem to manage to readjust my life in some way, sometimes it's small, and other times it's quite significant. This one managed to remind of some things that I had forgotten, and it's already helped me to readjust and keep heading down the right course. It was a really fun, and really memorable trip! Sorry I don't have any pictures, I forgot a camera :(

3 comments:

Brad said...

haha sounds like a pretty crazy trip with the lightening and all... devotionals are always nice :) get ready to run tommorow!

Andres Bosque said...

Nooooo!!! I dont wanna run...........

jCroft(y) said...

When you came back you were so tanned/burned you looked like you were from South America or something. :p