Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Year

With the coming of the new year I've been struck by how much quickly time has passed. Looking back at the past years I realized that the Salt Lake Winter Olympics were held 8 years ago, John Stockton retired in 2003, and in the year 2000 I was only 8 years old... It doesn't seem nearly that long ago. Now with the upcoming year I'm struck with new horizons which I thought would never come. In only nine months I'll be entering college as a freshman, hopefully at BYU, and in only a year I'll be old enough to serve a mission. In a year and a half I could be in a foreign country, speaking a foreign language, knowing nobody, and attempting to communicate with them something I hold close a. It's a scary prospect, but one I look forward to with hope and confidence. However, the fact that it lies only a year and a half a way is daunting. I am struck with the fact that I face what is essentially the beginning of my life. The past 18 years have been merely preparation for what is about to come, beginning my life away from home... It's scary to think how far I've come, and scarier yet to look at how far I have to go. Yet, I'm positive that the new year will bring a plethora of exciting new experiences which will only continue to prepare me for my life to come. So I look forward to the future a little apprehensive but with hope, excitement, and confidence.

No comments: