Monday, August 10, 2009

Trek

Well I know how most everyone hates reading long blog posts so I'll keep this one relatively short. Trek was an incredible experience one I'm not likely to forget, though I'd gone once before I must say this one was much more memorable. I made new friends and had a great time, but beyond that, as my mom describes it, it was like being in the temple for three days. The spirit was almost thick around some of the areas we visited, particularly Rock Creek, Martin's Cove, and Rocky Ridge. You could feel it permeate the air and fill your body and soul, I would definitely say it is one of the most sacred places on earth. I won't go into any of the details on what I thought about or the things I realized and what not, but suffice it to say that I learned and realized a lot about things, especially myself. It was an amazing experience and frankly, I wish I could be back there right now.



Independence Rock



Pulling the Handcart



Went through a little mud...



The gals of the family on the women's pull



Pulling through the sweetwater



Me and TK playing the face game while waiting in line for the bano :)

2 comments:

Rach said...

I agree, this trek WAS like being in a temple, I think without that timeless feeling that you get when you're in a temple, that 15 miles would have been a lot longer :)

P.S. thank you for putting that picture of me on your blog, it's LOVELY...

Brad said...

sounds like an awesome experience. plus it looks like you got some good old fashioned cross-training in ;) really old fashioned haha