Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Highlights of 2008 and looking forward to 2009

This past year has been a good one, it began with turning 16, becoming a priest, getting my eagle and eventually getting my driver's license, which is a huge plus! :) From there it went on to finishing up my first year of highschool and ending the track season with a region championship! Then the summer began and cross country (my favorite sport) began, eventually ending with placing 2nd in region and 4th at state! The year just got better and better as well, when I gained some new friends which I wouldn't trade for the world, including my new buds in special needs seminary!
As for the new year well, I'm looking forward to quite a few things. The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is obviously the cross country season! We've got a lot of our team returning and we're looking forward to a hard summer and season and coming out as the best team we can possibly be! Plus, next year I'll be a senior, which is of course exciting! Some of the goals I have are; improving my running times (this year was a little disappointing in that respect), being a nicer and more aware person, preparing myself more fully for my mission (studying preach my gospel at least once a week), being in general more organized and not procrastinating my homework especially with History (actually using my planner and then looking at it!), and otherwise just trying to keep moving forward in all respects, being a little better each day, as Abraham Lincoln said "I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday. " and I guess that's my biggest goal to be wiser each day than I was the day before.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Brad said...

accoding to michael scott, abraham lincoln also said "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North".... words I live by